The Place and Finish Forman ensures proper and safe handling of tools and equipment. Coordinates, supervises, and evaluates work of subordinate employees involved in concrete installation and other operations, while effectively working on the crew. Maintains inventory of supplies; initiates requisitions to replace items; may determine and recommend materials, supplies and equipment needed to meet budgeted objectives. Performs related work as required. Maintains records, daily logs, timesheets, and completes reports.
Reporting to the Field Operations Manager, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization's operational and personnel functions on site.
Working with the Management Team, this position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
• Supervising and participating in the performance of assignments requiring the use of standard concrete installation practices primarily on commercial, industrial and agricultural concrete projects
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of getting jobs done through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication with Field Operations Manager.
• Play a significant role in short-term planning and planning ahead, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
• Oversee and manage operation(s) are meeting operational project budget(s)
• Regular meetings with Management Team and Finishers around goals, objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Supervise and coach team on a daily basis
Responsibilities by Function
• Supervises and coordinates activities of construction trades workers.
• Directs and leads workers engaged in construction activities.
• Assigns work to field staff
• Project accounting of time and cost
• Directly and through subordinates oversee profitable installation of quality projects
• Report on Key Performance Indicators - see table below
• Equipment inventory
• Direct, train, and oversee field staff on projects
• Set expectations for field staff and your own expectations
• On-site discipline as required
• Production knowledge
• Budget knowledge
• Track project expenses via cost codes
• Job Costing review and make appropriate recommendations to achieve financial success
• On-site supervision to review questions and/or problem areas with field staff
• Deliver projects of "Best in Class" quality that meet or exceed project specifications
• Troubleshoot issues that arise and assist in development of acceptable strategy that is in line with company's values
• Keep average customer satisfaction at an A level
• Keep average field staff morale at an A level
• Administer safety training meetings
• Elevate safety awareness
• Work directly with our Safety Coordinator
• Commitment to the mission and values of Redimere Surface Solutions
• Ability to place, compact, screed and finish concrete slab on grade, and slab on deck.
• Advanced knowledge of all phases of concrete construction is a plus including: layout, installation of rebar, grade, concrete formwork systems, 3D profiling, placing, finishing and curing.
• Ability to work with laser screeds.
• Ability to properly operate power trowels(walk behind and ride on)
• Excellent time management, including one's own time and the time of field staff
• Strong background and work experience in the concrete industry
• Complete competency in reading blue prints
• Ability to share the three dimension vision, of two dimensional blue prints
• Have a good understanding in line and level
• Ability to correctly and consistently complete and turn in paperwork
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Knowledge of materials used in the Concrete Construction industry and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices
• Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing field staff
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
• Oversight experience
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment
• Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
• Ability to look at situations from several points of view
• Persuasive with details and facts
• Delegate responsibilities effectively
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers